Thursday, September 20, 2012

Graduation

I write this post while I'm suppose to complete my pending assignment.

Wanna talk about graduation, an issue that bothered me for past one year. Yeah, I'm graduating in a month time. Is it great? It better be.

Did you ever wonder yourself as a plastic bag floating around in the air without specific direction of where to go? (Katy Perry's Fireworks huh?) Or like the golden little fish swimming round and round the squarely aquarium but never seems to get anywhere? Perhaps you're too young to feel this.

I've spent two full days staring the the computer screen thinking what to write for my resume. I swear it was that intimidating. Definitely not a good feeling to brag about yourself, agree? I personally think it's ugly to magnify your strength for the sake of getting into one freaking interview. Maybe I'm just not used to the environment yet.

Here come the real part. Graduation, where am I standing? I'm becoming a degree holder very soon, but who am I? The roads that lie ahead, where are they?

Last week, I accidentally heard the conversation of one of my teammates with our lecturer about her query for becoming a Phd student. I had a feeling she wasn't expecting my sudden existence when she was about to ask that question. I thought, I seriously thought, all of us are going out to be employees in the industry. For years I told myself, degree's graduation would mark the funeral of my academic life. I am not looking forward to become a student anymore, not in master program, not even close to mention Phd, and definitely a no no staying for another minute in academic realm. Probably is my fault that I thought all of us had the same mindset. But the incident got me into serious thinking. Where am I? What should I do next? Am I prepared? Am I sure of what I'm doing? Geology, really? Not Civil Engineering, no?

I came to a realization that for more than 3 years I did what life gave me, not the one that I chose. Neither I hate nor like, but I rather did it responsibly. Good performance so far, but never really enjoyed any achievement. So was this what I've longed for, I have no idea.

No idea, biggest mistake ever, especially upon graduation.

A piece of advice:
Make sure you know where you're heading before hopping on a plane. No regret.    

No comments:

Post a Comment